New 10 Questions Summer Blog Hop
I first saw this on A Gift Horse, but the actual questions are from Rocking E Cowgirl.
- What is your earliest, clearest horse memory? Probably getting bucked off of Ernie, my first pony. My brother and I were (for some odd reason) riding our ponies through the lawn and the little kiddy pool scared Ernie and off he went! I’m pretty sure I got in trouble for riding in the yard.
- Describe the perfect summer day. The perfect summer day is most definitely NOT in Texas! I loved horse showing in Montana summers as well as moving cattle on various friends and family’s ranches. Also, nothing is better than the smell of Montana summer rain.
- Are you reading anything right now? Tell me about it! I’m trudging through Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. The author recently passed away and Boot City loved it, so I thought for sure I would like it. I’m about 100 pages and in and I have to force myself to read. I can’t quit reading a book, so I’ll make myself finish it even if I hate it.
- Do you follow a celebrity (horsey or non) that you’re embarrassed to say fascinates you? Tell me. NOW. Not really. I follow a lot of hunter and jumper riders, but def not really any celebrities.
- What is your single most biggest horsey dream or goal? Show in the Higher A/O Hunters, hopefully with Coco. If she chooses to be a jumper and not a hunter I guess this goal would be the jumper equivalent.
- If you were at Starbucks right now, what would you order? Grande latte with 3 raw sugars
- What is your biggest equine pet peeve? People stating that any one thing is absolutely right or wrong. So many people are on social media right now talking about this or that thing/method/supplement/etc is the be all end all greatest/worst thing you could ever do to a horse. Outside of flat out abuse of an animal (like produces blood/fear/some other strong reaction) there are myriad methods to train/feed/keep horses.
- With everything going on politically and in the media, tell me, do you follow it religiously? Tune it out? Or something in between? I’d like to tune it all out, but that would be irresponsible.
- If you had to show your horse to a song, what would you choose? Bolero
- What are you most looking forward to this summer? Riding my horses!